There are lots of different sorts of houses on this planet. From the profoundly humble to the grotesquely large and ornate, the differences are many and fascinating. Did you know that there is a man who lives inside a giant crocodile?
Thierry Atta is now fully moved into his new home. Situated in the midst of Abidjan, the former capital of the Ivory Coast, the architect’s home is actually a massive and grotesquely-smiling crocodile, completely hollowed out to create a living space inside of the reptile structure.
Completed in 2008, the crocodile was actually the work of artist Moussa Kalo, who sadly died only two months before it was completed. As an apprentice of Kalo, Atta moved into the work the men had created, and has since made the crocodile his home. Including windows and a bed, the strange concrete house is completely livable, and is a joy to many people in the neighborhood who stop by the courtyard to smile and play by the eccentric home.
[via Atlas Obscura]
Well, I just discovered my dream home.
- pretendingtotravel reblogged this from craftivist
- randomdeinonychus reblogged this from archiemcphee and added:
- bakarasunohigh reblogged this from archiemcphee
- savagemandolin likes this
- pljung reblogged this from archiemcphee
- pljung likes this
- paulkruczynski likes this
- lovewillneverbelimited likes this
- lazypapalote likes this
- runic-owl likes this
- cheekytica likes this
- cybergata likes this
- markreblogs reblogged this from archiemcphee
- themarke likes this
- womeninuniform likes this
- iaredotpaul likes this
- bearsandpocketsquares reblogged this from archiemcphee
- tumblesheep likes this
- olebiscuit likes this
- darthpercanacofett likes this
- craftivist reblogged this from archiemcphee
- amandapotato reblogged this from archiemcphee
- coelhinhas likes this
- archiemcphee posted this